Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apple: The Classic Gift

Growing up, I would hear my parents say that you should give your teacher an apple. Funny thing, my mom was a teacher. But I would always see (early elementary school) my friends, or there moms, giving the teacher an apple with some note attached. As it turns out, an Apple as a gift has shifted from the teacher to the student. What better gift to give a college student, a grad student, or a student of the arts an Apple product? The difference, the capital "A". Everywhere I turn, I see a shiny super-tech apple creation. My friends and family own enough products to fill a store, and I have owned 5 iPods myself. My first was the 3rd Gen. 20-gig champion iPod. Don't worry, as you may have come to realize in my previous posts, I have kept it around. It has a 5 second battery life outside of the charger, doesn't like to charge on my computer anymore, and the row of 4 buttons seems to confuse anyone who examines the dinosaur of media players. At one point I upgraded to the 80-gig video monster, but that lasted a few months and one good party before it was too good for me and up and left my possession for some one better...


Then my sister went to college, received a stellar Apple computer for her....production design classes, or is it interior design? I don't know. I'm a finance and econ student; other end of the spectrum. So she was granted a new iPod mini...MINE! Great thing about nice younger sisters. The best part is when my sweet phone broke and oh how convenient, my birthday was the following week. Jackpot. iPhone. I would say, I qualify to be a proud owner of an Apple sticker on something I use to express myself. 5 items qualifies, right? Or do I need a laptop?



Here's the good news for me (and you), Apple keeps the industry buzzing and sailing along with new designs and new products. If you aren't an obsessive tech news reader like many of my friends, you probably would not know about Apple's latest change to its already highly catering line up of goodies. Apple just revealed its new iPod shuffle, or rather the smallest most high-tech thing I know of. It's about the size of a key, and what do I know about keys? I lose them. At least they keep things simple and unbelievably easy to use, unless you're my parents... Sorry folks. I want an owner's opinion on the micro-pod before I dare risk hiring a search party to dig through my closet or dresser to find the rascal. One of the features is VoiceOver, where it tells you what song or which playlist is playing (yes, playlist). I only wish it would send out a distress signal if not played in 24 or 48 hours, so you could find it.



It would be cool, if Apple marketed to students a memo mic application for speaking and recording little notes to your self, or homework assignments...

If I'm just missing out, it would be great if someone would tell me.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Jimmy... I happened to find this note quite interesting seeing as I am an Apple user myself. I like the side of your "inventive" inner self and I thought I would let you know in on a little invention that Steve Jobs came up with...under the influence of a little substance called Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. That is... (dun dun dun...) APPLE Inc.! Yes, that's correct. Steve Jobs ingested a minimal amount of LSD-25 as a young man and invented Apple Products, such as the one you are using today. ( I find the science side of life very interesting and read a lot about it, obviously). If you are of the inventive side, you will find this as a tool to lock into your subconscious mind- no pun intended. It is a drug that some scientists, such as the creator of LSD ( Albert Hoffman) call..." the necessary tool for mental evolution".

    http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/01/70015?currentPage=all

    ReplyDelete