Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Kind of Clock Are You?

I started thinking, right after my first post, what credit do I have to instruct everyone on reading, commenting, and following my blog. Well, none. I just am an avid mid-early twenties male. I enjoy a constructive lifestyle more than not, although being constructive does not have to be plain and dry; furthermore, constructive is not necessarily stereotypical of doing homework, studying for tests, researching ideas for work, or doing the laundry, although these are quite productive. I'm talking about learning a new trade or (as in above) figuring out a new way to use something.


Take an old TV, radio, computer, cell phone, hat, rusty pan, or an old baseball bat and do something with it. Make a fish take out of a TV or a toothpick and chewing gum holder out of an old cell phone. In essence, remove junk from your life. That's my biggest problem and favor goal. I lived with my parents through high school, where mom "helped" clean my room. Yeah right, she did it. I tried to take credit once or twice, at which point I was immediately sent a look that even the most reflective pair of aviators couldn't stop. Doing the dorm thing in college, I was lucky if I could keep it clean and tidy. Don't worry, care packages came to rescue with everything no freshmen needs, but always has. Candy, Ramon, and popcorn, the rivals of campus cafeterias, come full force in every care package, unless -maybe- a vegetarian's. On top of mountains of goodies to fill my shelves, I get little toys and games, such as a parachute guy(????!!), a mini checkers board (???!!), and some crossword or puzzle book too small for any male handwriting (and girl's handwriting for that matter with the big loopy letters). I apologize for the seemingly tangent story, but I promise that I have a point.


My point: simplify and reuse. I game the games and parachute dude to a teach that I thought would enjoy the humor, and no, I didn't hand them to him personally. I put them in his box, while he was in class....anonymously.

Back to what credit I have, or lack of for that matter. I am experiencing life, just like you. Something you might learn as my posts continue is that I am a fan of reorganizing words to express my thoughts. I want to know what makes your clock tick and if you are a person with a date, hour hand, minute hand, second hand, etc. Are you digital? Are you a watch? How deep can you go underwater?

No comments:

Post a Comment