Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Art of Blog Articulation; Thought Provoking Dialogue

Over thinking things is my forte. It doesn't matter what the concern at hand is either. I have an overwhelming mental juggle of "am I getting the best deal for my ___." In the blank, fill in words like time, money, caffeine intake, food consumption, sleep hours, tweets, etc. The humorous part is, due to my indecision or waste of time thinking about it, I do exactly that; waste time. I've been battling this and reconsidering why I think like I do, but really, I'm just doing the same thing. This neither a rant, nor is it going to develop in to one; however, I AM trying to thrust your brain in to 3rd gear. I want to share with you a post that really hit home. It made me think....IN A PRODUCTIVE WAY. Sorry for the caps, just defending myself.

I saw something about it in a tweet from Chuck @charlesriccardi, but decided I would wait until I went through recent friend blog post. Then, BOOM, it was commented on my friend, Johnny @jschrep. He posted a lot of good stuff, and seeing as he's practically my digital mentor, I HAD to expedite my reading Chuck's post.

Please check out this post. I promise its good stuff, especially for anyone like us 3, mid-20s and pondering Life.

I am pleased to introduce, Chuck: http://stuckwithchuck.tumblr.com/post/1310174153/23-married

Posted via email from (Pick) My Brain

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were a blogger Jimbo! I wish I had more time to write more insightful posts but i'm trying to get there! I agree totally with what you said about overthinking! I am a victim of wasting time thinking without just DOING! I'm so caught in the what if's and when will i's that i don't even know what to do then i'm stuck at square one. I wish that society didn't urge you to think so much! I feel like i hear a song or a quote or a lecture from my professor and my brain is sent into a 30 min long funk of this or that. I mean my GOD the movie inception sent me into a 2 month analyzation period of every dream I can remember! The best thing that keeps me grounded is this..when I JUST can't think any longer..I lay down, close my eyes..and say this to myself :

    God grant me the serenity ...
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    ....at least 3 times!

    Hope this helps, miss you, love you! And happy analyzing :)

    ReplyDelete